Friday, September 28, 2007

From news.Asiaone.com :


Fri, Sep 28, 2007
The Straits Times

S'porean man shot and kicked by Myanmar riot police

A Singaporean working in Yangon said he was shot in the legs and kicked by anti-riot police while he and his wife were on their way to the office on Thursday.

The man, who did not want to be named for safety reason, emailed STOMP, The Straits Times' online interactive portal for citizen journalism about the shooting incident, and also sent photographs showing the injuries he sustained during the security crackdown, in which nine people were killed, including a Japanese photographer.

He gave this account in his email to STOMP:

"I was on my way to the office when the riot police block the road. I stopped my car with my wife and walked out.

"Suddenly, riot police and soldiers drove the truck around the corner and started firing shots at the crowd.

"We quickly ran to the side and squat down.

"The soldiers came down and started to shoot at us. I was shot twice but I did not know what hit me.

"Both my legs were bruised. The soldiers and police kicked us and the rest of the crowds into the drain and shouted that they would kill us if we
look at them.

"We were forced to stay in the drain for 15 minutes. I looked at my injuries and found the '40mm riot control munnition'.

"We are just ordinary citizens going to work and they just shot at us for no reason."

[...]
continue reading

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

core chapters logins paranoia arteriolar monologue scheidt pasting overlap mastering portfoliowe
lolikneri havaqatsu